Re: REB: Cricket Song
  • Subject: Re: REB: Cricket Song
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 11:22:45 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Linda!
I think how low it is to the ground might also have something to do with it escaping the freezes. This morning it said 25 F outside and here's how it still looks. Still amazes me - but I'm lovin' having irises in December.
I haven't tried it with leaf mulch but it seems to be a least as tough as the average iris. I'd give it a try.
Here in zone 6/7 Maryland it typically starts its rebloom season right before or around Halloween. It's sister 'Easy Smile' has pretty much the same schedule.

Linda wrote:
Amazing little critter, Tom.

I wonder if I put it under the eaves next to the southwest facing wall
if it could do that here. How well does it tolerate lots of naturally
occurring leaf mulch?

Linda Mann