Re: Bill Ackerman
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: Bill Ackerman
  • From: RILEY PROBST <rprobst02@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 00:06:49 -0500 (EST)

Janet,

Dr. William L. (Bill) Ackerman was a hybridizer of Japanese irises. He had JI registrations in the 1980's, 1990's and early 2000's. His last Japanese registrations were in 2001 and he registered a species cross in 2003. He contributed at least one article to the AIS Bulletin in the 1980's about the future of Japanese irises. His home was in Ashton, MD which is near Rockville, MD outside of Baltimore. I think he is deceased but I am not positive.

Riley