a Suky seedling
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: a Suky seedling
  • From: Robin Shadlow <rshadlow@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 00:25:54 -0800 (PST)

Linda Mann had asked about Suky seedlings on the iris-talk forum.  I did have one photo of a Suky seedling.  Suky is not easy as a pod parent, but with persistence it is possible.  This was Suky x Fancy Woman.  The weather did not cooperate and not many of the seedlings from this cross or the reciprocal cross bloomed before late freezes caused severe loss.  This cross did not seem particularly promising and I have not used Suky since then.

Robin Shadlow
zone 8 OR

JPEG image