Re: REB: Unknown

From: "Patrick Orr" <PatrickJOrr@hotmail.com>

Hello out there...

The reason I did not know whether or not this was Superstition is because it
had a name tag saying it was Immortality, which I know it is not.

Last year, two local clubs had their rhizome sale at a nursery where the
employees purchased many rhizomes cheaply to plant in the planters out in
the parking lot.  Whether the rhizome was mislabeled or misnamed on the name
tag I do not know.  I would bet it was the latter.  I personally handled the
iris sale for the one club and know there were very few Immortality and no
Superstitions in the sale.  The other group ordered most of their rhizomes
from Sutton's, so it is probably unlikely they would have mislabeled an
Immortality as Superstition.  The people at the nursery have been told it is
not Immortality, and since they have removed the name tag and placed it to
another rhizome that still had the name of Immortality written on the leaf.
That rhizome is right next to the dark one that is blooming.  I will be
monitoring it when it blooms to make sure it really is Immortality.

I had sent the photo to some locals and someone wrote back that they think
it could be Superstition, but we will never really know for sure.  It LOOKS
like Superstition, for if it did not, I am sure that person would have

Superstition is a nice looking flower, I know you will be pleased with the