ADMIN: Pretty Park Worm

From: John I Jones <jijones@ix.netcom.com>

You know, this whole thing presents me with an interesting problem. The
sender of the worm message could be very sincere in an apology he sent
me privately and a victim in all of this, or he could be a very clever
hacker - well "wormer" - interested in conning us further and trying to
inflict additional problems on everyone.

I am inclined to think that it is the former rather than the latter, and
am willing to take the chance that my trust in his nature will not cause
us further problems.

This whole incident, however, brings home the point:

Never, *Never*, ***NEVER*** open an attachment unless you are sure you
know where it came from, and if you receive a suspicious attachment,
update your virus scanner descriptions file (generally free from the
manufacturer of the virus scanning software) and scan the suspicious
file. There are people out there that will destroy your system just for
the thrill of being able to do it.

Fortunately, this time no major damage was done.

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Visit my website at:
http://members.home.net/jijones

President, Westbay Iris Society
Director, Region 14 of the AIS
AIS Special Committee for Electronic Member Services

Subscribe to iris-talk at:
http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/iris-talk

Subscribe to iris-photos at:
http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/iris-photos

@Backup-The Easiest Way to Protect and Access your files.
Automatic backups and off-site storage of your critical data.  Install
your FREE trial today and have a chance to WIN a digital camera!
Click here.
http://click.egroups.com/1/1830/0/_/503733/_/951505712/