Re: Re: Pretty Park Worm Questions

From: Chris Darlington <chris.darlington@sympatico.ca>

Just for what it's worth ,  I was one of the fools that opened the
attachment a few days ago without checking to see what type of file it
was.  Due to fatigue and double vision I simply clicked on the file
attachment and instantly got a bad feeling when I didn't see a pretty
park full of irises and stopped loading it before it was complete.  I
suppose I was lucky because after a thorough investigation of my system
, I now feel comfortable that I saved my PC from the worm.

I initially panicked because I also belong to an ISFA Premier League
list that has 800+ members.  Needless to say , I am now looking into
some virus protection as I have none at all.

Chris

BigAlligator@aol.com wrote:

> From: BigAlligator@aol.com
>
> In a message dated 2/26/00 5:37:22 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> jervis2@eggconnect.net writes:
>
> << he thing I do not understand is if Royal
>  was intending to attach an image why was the no text accompanying the file.
>  Is most strange that a blank email is set with on massage about the intended
>  image????
>  Second why as he not bothered to explain this mater. >>
>
> Arthur,
>      The virus acts on its own, and sends itself to addresses in ones'
> address book.  If I got "infected," not only would I clear my address book, I
> would unsubscribe from all lists I belong to until I got rid of the virus.
> The unsubscribing would prevent the mail from going to the list since I would
> no longer be an authorized sender.
>      As for Earnest Royal, he did send a message of apology to John I. Jones.
>  He probably is embarrassed to send anything to us for awhile.
>
> Mark A. Cook
> BigAlligator@aol.com
> Dunnellon, Florida.

> Why wait for a credit decision?  Get one instantly!  Apply for
> the Capital One 9.9% Fixed APR Visa Platinum!

Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa! Rates as low as 2.9%
Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR, online balance transfers, Rewards Points,
no hidden fees, and much more! Get NextCard today and get the
credit youdeserve! Apply now! Get your NextCard Visa at:
http://click.egroups.com/1/912/0/_/503733/_/951621591/