Re: Seedling I-103b

--- In iris-photos@y..., "Eleanor Cecchini" <eleanore@m...> wrote:
you can look at some of my
> garden pictures at: http://ca.photos.yahoo.com/hookedonirises

Eleanor, you make my day.  I really enjoyed the pictures
in "hookedonirises."  The checkerboard square is a fun idea.  Gives
me notions.....

I'm trying to make a garden out of the rocky hip of a mountain in
western North Carolina.  Half the soil volume seems to be rock in the
areas I choose to develop.  Bit by bit I clear and clean up a spot,
cut back limbs and roots from aggressive hardwoods (especially the
neighbor's) and try to sort out what likes our acid-clay-shady site
and what does not.  Only a small part of the land is both available
and suitable for sun-loving types of iris.

Your pictures encourage me.

Neil Mogensen   first crocus in bloom, reticulatas and early tulips
up, TB's growing rapidly now in western North Carolina

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details
http://click.egroups.com/1/11231/0/_/503733/_/981906495/