[PHOTO] Re: In bloom today. | Thu, 7 Feb 2002 18:06:52" />

[PHOTO] Re: In bloom today.

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] In bloom today.
  • From: BigAlligator@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 19:06:06 EST

In a message dated 2/7/02 12:06:40 PM Eastern Standard Time, tmilchh@aol.com

<< Is this Neomari(?) Longifolia ? I got this yellow walking iris at the
 Region 7 Fall Meeting from Bob Stohman. It has not bloomed. (I cannot read
 the last 2 letters of the first name). >>

     The generic name of the plant that was in that photo is Dietes bicolor.
The only plant I know of that has been referred to as a yellow walking Iris
is the plant shown in the attached photo.  The generic name is Trimezia, but
I don't know for sure which species.  The local name is Tiger Eye Iris.

Mark A. Cook
Dunnellon, Florida.

Monitoring Service trial