Re: Re: Taking pictures

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Taking pictures
  • From: Jelcy <jelcy.romberg@verizon.net>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 16:39:53 -0600

I use a Sony Mavica and find that by turning on the macro I can get to within inches
and have a superb photo, thanx to someone of Iris Photo mentioning that last year.
I  design silver and beaded jewelry and when I need to photograph a final piece,
that macro is a life saver.  Wonder how many years I would have struggled had it not
been for one of you?  It would certainly be beneath me to actually read the
instructions, even if I am a woman!

As to lighting, I find that a slightly hazy day, or at least not the heat of the day
brings for the best colors.  With a digital one can tweak the colors as has been
shown by some very very red iris seen over the past year, but I do my best to have
reproduction as true to form as I can.  I always have the filter on the lens.
Hasn't been of in a couple of years save for cleaning.  That helps too.

Jelcy

lmmunro wrote:

>  I try to get as close as I can, at the flower's height. But have to
> be at least a few feet away, otherwise comes out fuzzy. Also its best
> to take pictures on a sunny day, but not at high noon. Worst is at
> dusk or a gray/rainy day; but you can take great pictures at dusk
> with the flash; the background comes out black; kind of dramatic.
> But I think the most important thing is, for me anyways, is to take
> TONS of pictures; cause alot don't come out that good and get tossed.
> Digital cameras are great for that!
> How about everyone else? What do you think helps achieve good digital
> pictures?
> Laetitia

Monitoring Service trial