Re: Taking pictures

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Taking pictures
  • From: "lfandjg" <laurief@paulbunyan.net>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 16:34:40 -0000

--- In iris-photos@y..., "lmmunro" <lmmunro@h...> wrote:
> Yes, I have the TULIP icon. I have used it for closeups. There is
> still a point at which you cannot get any closer, though. With iris,
> you can get close enough to get the flower to fill up almost the
> whole screen, but you cannot take closeups of tiny flowers, or focus
> on portions of the iris flower. Thought there might be 'something
> else' that would allow you to get even closer.
> Laetitia

My Kodak DC280 will not allow me to get closer than 10" even with the
macro setting without blurring the pic.  If I want to concentrate on a
certain flower part in my photo, I generally have to do so by editing
the pic in my photo software after I have uploaded it into my
computer.  Also, I find it very difficult to take sharp pics of MDBs,
though (most) SDBs and larger are no problem.  Last year was my first
season with this camera, so I'm hoping I'll be more successful
capturing the smaller blooms this year.

Wish me luck,

Laurie

Monitoring Service trial