Re: Taking pictures

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Taking pictures
  • From: "irischap" <irischapman@netscape.net>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 02:52:52 -0000

--- In iris-photos@y..., "lfandjg" <laurief@p...> wrote:
> --- In iris-photos@y..., "lmmunro" <lmmunro@h...> wrote:
> > Yes, I have the TULIP icon. I have used it for closeups. There is
> > still a point at which you cannot get any closer, though. With iris,
> > you can get close enough to get the flower to fill up almost the
> > whole screen, but you cannot take closeups of tiny flowers, or focus
> > on portions of the iris flower. Thought there might be 'something
> > else' that would allow you to get even closer.
> > Laetitia
>
> My Kodak DC280 will not allow me to get closer than 10" even with the
> macro setting without blurring the pic.  If I want to concentrate on a
> certain flower part in my photo, I generally have to do so by editing
> the pic in my photo software after I have uploaded it into my
> computer.  Also, I find it very difficult to take sharp pics of MDBs,
> though (most) SDBs and larger are no problem.  Last year was my first
> season with this camera, so I'm hoping I'll be more successful
> capturing the smaller blooms this year.
>
> Wish me luck,
>
> Laurie

The digital cameras all have different features. The Nikon Coolpix 950
alows you to get within 1.1 cm, about 1/2". It also allows you to tilt
the view screen so that you don't have to get your face in the dirt
fot a good closeup of any dwarfs. It was for these features that I
purchased this camera, allthough you pay for these fancy features.

Chuck Chapman

Monitoring Service trial