[PHOTO] Another Unknown Diploid | Sun, 17 Feb 2002 23:48:34" />

[PHOTO] Another Unknown Diploid

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Another Unknown Diploid
  • From: "laetitia munro" <lmmunro@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 05:45:29

Here is another unknown apparent diploid, that is one of my favorites. No
one seems to know it name, so I've given up trying to get one for it.
I found it, as an 'escapee' from an old farmhouse on Germantown Road where
it was happily growing all over the roadside, in the weeds and roadside
grit, obviously without the benefit of a gardiner's care for many years. It
grows slow, blooms late, does not care for transplanting, and also does not
seem to set seed. It's PBF, has slender leaves,and tough little rhizomes
that apparently do not appeal to borers who like the big modern fleshy ones.
Have only seen it in one location. Has anyone else seen it growing
somewhere?
Laetitia

Monitoring Service trial