Re: Unknown Apparent Diploid

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Unknown Apparent Diploid
  • From: "irischap" <irischapman@netscape.net>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 02:14:13 -0000

--- In iris-photos@y..., Linda Mann <lmann@v...> wrote:
> Anybody know how to make a slide of this thing to bring to the potluck
> this weekend?  Maybe I could donate a start of it to anybody who can
> correctly identify it.  Or a start of some other tough ol something.
> Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

A number of specialty print/computer shops will make slides from
digital files. They charge a fair bit for it. Your local quality photo
shop should be able to point you in the right direction. It also takes
several days.
It would be easier to put it on a floppy and get someone with a
portable computer to load it up. I have done both as well as using a
laptop with a large moniter plugged in so it can be seen.
Some newer laptops have TV out plugs so in this case a TV moniter can
be used as a screen, giving a larger viewing size.
There are also computer projectors but it is unlikely that anyone in
the club  will have one (or access to one )as they are very expensive
and still relatively rare. Very much a specialty item.

Hope this helps.

Chuck Chapman
 Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Monitoring Service trial