TB: Best solid pink?

  • Subject: [iris-photos] TB: Best solid pink?
  • From: Bill & Gale Wells wells@train.missouri.org
  • Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 23:14:11 -0600

As my modest collection of iris has grown, I have added several pinks along the way, but I am still looking for the pink that stops me in my tracks. My perfect pink is a self, with nary a hint of tangerine or white. Certainly no orange beard, preferably no white there either. Shade could be either light or dark (see, I'm not asking much, am I?).

Unlike some others who do not like the modern form, I love it. I'll take as much substance as I can get (about as firm as those fake wax lips we used to get as kids at Halloween!). Broad, flaring form would be great. Ruffles? I'll take all I can get.  Having said all that, color is still the key and I'll consider candidates of the older, historic, drooping form if the color is right.

Of course, all the cultural extras would be nice..reliable bloomer, hardy, rot-resistant, bud count, blah, blah, blah, but if she's beautiful enough, I'll even put up with sub-par on all that.

I know she is out there...would someone please just introduce me? ;-)  (iris-photos folks, a picture would be nice)

If she's still just my fantasy, anybody working on her?

Bill Wells
(in southern MO where the fifth big snow of the year is still on the ground and more predicted tomorrow afternoon - more already this winter than the last 3 or 4 years put together :-) )