Re: Spring? Iris Beds?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Spring? Iris Beds?
  • From: irises@senet.com.au
  • Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 19:59:20 +101800

Hi Pat

For the first time ever I can understand what you mean by ugly, brown as brown.
In Aust (and NZ where I grew up) winter is a time of intense greeness. Summer
is when things go brown in South Australia.
I'm currently in Seoul, Korea on a training course and was so shocked to see
everything brown and ugly, not a green thing to be seen. I'm sure it must be so
pretty here in the spring. The cold, frosty weather has made for horrible smog,
but the people and food are wonderful.

Colleen Modra