[PHOTO] TB: Mart Superstition | Thu, 13 Feb 2003 19:20:50" />

[PHOTO] TB: Mart Superstition

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] TB: Mart Superstition
  • From: "laetitia munro" lmmunro@hotmail.com
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 01:20:43 +0000

Here are two more Mart Surprises.
First one labelled SUPERSTITION. Actually, a very attractive, tall, dark
purple with a pale blue beard and lots of ruffles. It's so vivid there is no
way you can avoid looking at it in the iris patch.
I suspect it is someone's seedling reject. It's kind of top heavy and falls
over easily, and it also gets little faded spots after a day or so. (not the
spray pattern you see around the beard)
Second one labelled SULTAN'S PALACE. This also is not correct, as it is an
IB, many smaller flowers,tough as nails. Looks like RED ZINGER to me, but
then again, I don't own that one, so that is just a guess. In this bag were
two rhizomes, both had identical flowers.