Re: Happy Valentine's Day

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Happy Valentine's Day
  • From: "Robert Dickow" dickow@uidaho.edu
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 19:22:04 -0800

Louisiana hybrids grow fantastically in my region (zone 5, north Idaho
panhandle). They never, freeze, grow vigorously, look great as plants, but
NEVER ,EVER, EVER EVER bloom again after their first year. They do typically
bloom the 1st year after planting, which leads me to be ever hopeful. But
that's it folks. They never bloom again. Why, I do not know.

Bob Dickow