Re: TB: Mart Iris

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] TB: Mart Iris
  • From: Gerry Snyder gerrysnyder@attbi.com
  • Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 06:19:52 -0800

laetitia munro wrote:
> While I buy most of my iris thru commercial mail order, I still like the
> Mart Iris. Knowing full well that the names have nothing to do with the
> contents of the bag, I have gotten some really nice looking surprises in
> these bags.

Glad that works for you.

But for me, I get more than enough unnameable iris from overlapping
clumps, misplaced markers, and sloppy or missing maps, without
deliberately adding more. My garden space is just too limited. I don't
have enough room for the iris I know I want.

But I do understand your sense of adventure, and will always enjoy
seeing the pix of your unknowns.

American Iris Society Affiliates Chair, Symposium Chair, and Director
in warm, winterless Los Angeles--USDA zone 9b-ish, Sunset 18-19