Re: Presby's Crown Jewel

Linda:
   No, I'm not from Arizona (unfortunately wish I was, seeing all our
horrible weather). I'm from NJ. It's growing at Presby Iris Gardens
(NJ). Schreiner's named an iris for Presby, to commemorate their 75th
anniversary. It was planted in 2001 so it would be in bloom last
year. It was quite vigorous, and put off multi bloom stalks. This
plicata to me has a very 'crisp' look (nicely defined markings, stiff
flower). It is not the tallest TB in the world however, but sometimes
first year plants behave that way. The bloom itself was a good size,
and appeared to have a long bloom season. That last fact is very
important to me (hey, any hybridizers listening?). Its far better to
have an iris blooming for several weeks rather than an overloaded
bloomstalk that so exhausts the poor thing, that you see it, then in
about a week its done for the year.
Laetitia

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, Linda Mann <lmann@v...> wrote:
> Laetitia - do you grow this one?  I'm eager to hear how this one
does in
> various parts of the world.  Was it selected in New Jersey?
Promising,
> if it thrives both there and at your place in..Arizona?
>
> --
> Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8
> Updates on migrant whooping cranes:
> http://www.savingcranes.org/whatsnew/Class2002FloridaMain.asp