[PHOTO] Re: Re: Walmart iris-prissy miss | Sat, 22 Feb 2003 09:52:53" />

[PHOTO] Re: Re: Walmart iris-prissy miss

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] Re: Walmart iris-prissy miss
  • From: Kitty Johnston kitty@ojai.net
  • Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 07:53:43 +0000

I have to disagree, Laetitia.  My experience with these iris (which usually
comes from Home Depot, not Wal Mart) has not been good.  I bought a bunch of
these before I discovered Sutton's great irises that always grow and bloom
and don't cost any more.  I haven't gone back.  But five years ago, not
knowing how unreliable they are, I bought a bunch.  Over half didn't make
it.  Those that did have been very reluctant bloomers.  In fact, I have been
thinking about taking them all out and replacing with more reliable
bloomers.  Perhaps just my experience, but not like yours at all.  I would
be happy if they had been strong.

"lmmunro " wrote:

> Your iris looks like RASPBERRY BLUSH which is an IB. There are lots
> of RB pictures on the web that you can look at if you search for it
> on google.
> I got an iris in a gallon container from Walmart that apparently is
> RB, but wasn't even labelled 'iris'.
> I also think its a really nice one, good pink color, and hardy like a
> weed.
> Has anyone noticed one thing about Mart iris: They may or may not
> look like the package, but one thing for sure: they're always very
> tough  and they put off a goodly number of increase.
> That's been my experience anyhow.
> Laetitia
>
> --- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, cseggen@a... wrote:
> >

> > This is what I got labeled as Prissy Miss from Walmart.  I was told
> it was not correct-----but I like her anyway.  She is short.
> > Hope I resized the picture okay.  I have forgotten what size it is
> supposed to be to post here for quick viewing.

begin:vcard
n:McCoy Johnston;Kitty
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
version:2.1
email;internet:kitty@ojai.net
x-mozilla-cpt:;1
fn:Kitty McCoy Johnston US zone 8/9  Ojai, CA USA
end:vcard