Re: TB:Zandria with horns

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] TB:Zandria with horns
  • From: Christopher Darlington chris.darlington@sympatico.ca
  • Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 21:44:11 -0500

Sterling Okase wrote:

> I would keep at it every year. Pod fertility seems
> very variable on Zandria. I had it for a couple of
> years with no pods and no pollen. Then in 1999 it
> podded with just about everything I put on it. a lot
> of the seedlings I got are wildly colored and striped
> like Zandria.

Were the pollen parents plicatas.  It is my understanding that if one
wants broken color seedlings, you need to use pollen from a plicata.

I  crossed  Gnu Again X Momentous Occasion last year in hopes of BC
seedlings with horns.  I hope to get something interesting from these

Digging out from a snow storm