Re: TB: CULT: Ring Around Rosie

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: TB: CULT: Ring Around Rosie
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@volfirst.net
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 12:00:48 -0500

LOL - I can tell you have never lived in a <really> soggy hot climate
Margie.

But I should have been more specific - when I say soggy, I mean more
than 45 inches per year of rainfall (we usually have more than 60), and
humidity usually around 100% throughout the growing season.  Nothing
like several weeks (months?) of nice 95o sunny days with 100% humidity,
followed by 3 or 4 inches of rain in a couple of days... ugh. I can
hardly wait.

But thanks for the extra photos - it is an interesting looking iris.

<Attached are 2 more photos of Ring Around Rosie.  I grow this one in
Arizona.  We have long, hot and soggy (monsoon) summers.  I can't say
we've had a late freeze to evaluate this in. Maybe half of the
information you need will be of some help to you.  Margie V. Oro Valley,
AZ.>

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8
Updates on migrant whooping cranes: