Re: GYRO; was (no subject)

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: GYRO; was [iris-photos] (no subject)
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@erols.com>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 12:39:12 -0500

GYRO is one of my favorites, which I have grown for some years.  It is a much darker iris than it appears in most photos I have seen, including my own, attached.  Nevertheless, I post them to illustrate, by the first, the form of the flower, and, by the second, a closer approximation of its color.  Actually, the closest to its true color are the shaded petals on the right edge of the first photo.  The second photo, a rather ungainly closeup, shows the red-violet underlying color.  For a really true representation of the flower as it appears to the naked eye, I suppose we might try photographing it in the early morning before sunlight strikes it.  --  Griff

zone 7 in Virginia

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links