Re: GYRO; was (no subject)

  • Subject: Re: GYRO; was [iris-photos] (no subject)
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@erols.com>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 15:26:13 -0500

Thanks, Neil  -- I apologize for the size of the images.  Like you, I have recently been trying to adapt to new software.  On my old PC, I had Corel PhotoHouse, with which I could re-size, crop and further manipulate to my heart's content.  The new one has Adobe PhotoShop, and it's a real pain in the neck.  I find it extremely user unfriendly.  I was voicing this complaint to some tekkie friends the other night, and they all sang its praises as being perhaps the most versatile thing going.  Then, however, they acknowledged that its very advanced state can be pretty challenging for someone who isn't really adept at the use of computer technology, particularly because its instructions assume a level of competence or familiarity on the part of the user that many don't have.  It's the old "It's over there" story.  They neglect to tell you how to get there from here.  --  Griff