BLOOM TIME IN ORINDA

  • Subject: [iris-photos] BLOOM TIME IN ORINDA
  • From: "Arilpums" <arilpums@comcast.net>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 09:32:09 -0800

Margie, Bloom time in Orinda always varies due to our temperamental weather. I just went into the greenhouse and only NOW do I see a beginning of coming to life. I once read where irises grow by amount of light they receive. Is this correct? I would say that sometime during the month of April they would bloom, before TBs, of course, and after pumilas. Not very precise, is it? All I know I can only count on leaving the area beginning of May or I might miss my 'bloom season'! [ha ha!]

Francesca