Re: spring is here

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] spring is here
  • From: "Arilpums" <arilpums@comcast.net>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 16:50:45 -0800

Well I am green with envy! My arils-aril hybrids are only waking up and that
means less than one inch off the ground. I gave them liquid Miracle Grow to
send the right signals. Hope they get the message. The centers look green
and firm.  I do not overwater during the winter , just enough to keep going
but not think about rot. One year, years ago, we had a lot of the rainy
season in Orinda and I lost about 90% of my best plants to rot. So I guess I
am paranoid about it. It works here for me and that is what counts.

Harold, Want to thank you for the recent download of aril-arilbred photos
you sent to Betsy Higgins. They are great. They really increased our
percentage of photos in the ASI illustrated checklist. We are now about
23.15% in photos. The pages are looking more and more interesting. We have
222 pages, 1806 entries with 408 photos and so far it uses up 240 MB of hard
disk. Betsy Higgins has been a great help in rounding up the photos and
permissions for me. I am ever so indebted to her.

Like the dentist ad says, "Don't be shy'. Send in your photos of
aril-arilbred photos that you have taken and please give us your permission
at the same time. We will acknowlege your contribution in our introduction
but cannot put your name on the 'thumbprint' photo, there is just no room
for it and besides even if there were, after it is reduced to thumbprint
size you couldn't see who the donor was anyway. Thanks again for your help
and understanding. Hope you all had a nice Valentine's Day.

Francesca
arilpums@comcast.net