Re: best catalogs for pictures

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] best catalogs for pictures
  • From: GormleyGreenery@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 16:08:51 EST

In a message dated 2/16/2004 3:03:09 PM Central Standard Time, harold@directcon.net writes:
In answer to Cathy and Michael's comment on file size. I have DSL but still remember the unpleasant reality of dial up service. Last year I scanned and edited a number of photos for the web site update and cut the file size to about 15 k. This year most of the unedited scans were in the range of 75 to 100 kb. I would just as soon have those be used directly as it would save a tremendous amount of work. One of each size is attached. Comments would be appreciated.

We do still have dial-up because we live in the boonies where DSL is not yet available - both pictures, zipped, didn't take long to download.  Both look fine on the monitor but the 86 K one is sharper but not so you would notice unless you were printing it.

Rita Gormley
Gormley Greenery
Cedar Hill, MO
AIS Region 18, Zone 5