Re: best catalogs for pictures/comments

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] best catalogs for pictures/comments
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 16:53:19 EST

In a message dated 2/16/2004 3:02:47 PM Central Standard Time, harold@directcon.net writes:

One of each size is attached. Comments would be appreciated.

The 88.6 kb photo of Almost Camelot works best. Detail in the smaller photo is insufficient to observe the finer nuances of the bloom. Too, since no other useful information is presented in the photo had it been more closely cropped to a "bloom only" it would have been improved some.

I have a phone modem that was connected at about 26 kbs at the time I downloaded your zip file. It took me less than a minute to download the two photos.

I am sure you already know, many web sites present a thumbnail view with the option of a larger photo. Such sites are more valued here while any presenting a broad spectram of blooms would be appreciated.

In those instances I encounter sites from which photos cannot be readily copied I do not ordinarily book mark them for future visits. Such misery visited upon web users seems facetious at best when one considers such sites never fail to send a photo when requested to do so. Just makes for more inconvenience on the part of all, rarely has a positive effect on purchase decisions, and increases the probability of my email address getting spammed.

More comment than you sought I'm sure.

Bill Burleson

Yahoo! Groups Links