RE: Phelps Pride

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] Phelps Pride
  • From: "Harold Peters" <harold@directcon.net>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 18:41:16 -0800

It is not unusual for a hybridizer or their family to have "garden names" for unregistered irises that they especially like. In a perfect world the garden names would not leave the garden. However this is not a perfect world and such things do happen. I suspect Phelps Pride was a garden name to honor your friend.

Harold Peters
Beautiful View Iris Garden
2048 Hickok Road
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762