RE:OT-Funniest Iris Stories

  • Subject: [iris-photos] RE:OT-Funniest Iris Stories
  • From: GormleyGreenery@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 10:45:55 EST

Many of you belong to the Median Iris Society and this blurb is on page 87 of the latest issue.  You do not have to belong to MIS to enter and I KNOW many of you have very funny stories you can submit.  We all need a laugh-a-day!
Now, we all know people who take the IRIS Addiction much too seriously!  But, we also know MANY people (including ourselves!) who have hilariously funny stories about growing, showing, transporting, hybridizing and moving irises.  Many times these stories involve our mates, kids, pets, neighbors, friends, ex-friends and family.  And these stories make us chuckle for years!
We share these stories with our iris friends (no one else finds them funny!) while waiting for meetings to start (they are always late!), putting together designs at shows (which some of us are reluctant to do!), sitting next to one another on Iris Tour busses, and while waiting in lines for everything!
We IRIS Addicts love reading them!  It is almost as good as getting the first new Catalogs with pictures in February!!
Soâ.Medianite has gathered together prizes from its Hybridizer members to reward you for putting your funniest or most tragic stories in writing for publication in the Medianite!  We have a panel of judges, all of whom have a sense of humor and anonymous (no brickbats allowed) and simple rules.  We encourage all iris people to send in submissions â if they arenât members of MIS, then weâll talk them onto it!!  We will even post the Contest on the MIS Website!
Rules: Funniest Iris Stories
1) Submit your funniest iris story in writing, no limit on length, to Medianite Guest Editor, Rita Gormley to be received prior to August 1, 2004.  Mail, e-mail alone or with attachment (Word or RTF) or carrier pigeon is fine.
2) The three funniest stories will earn each writer three newer Median iris introductions from generous hybridizers.
3) All stories submitted become the property of Medianite and may be edited for length and grammar.
4) Decision of the Judges is final and each entry will be gratefully acknowledged.
Join in the fun!!!
Rita Gormley
Gormley Greenery
Cedar Hill, MO