Re: sibling group

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: sibling group
  • From: "donald" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 01:08:30 -0000

Hello Griff,

> 01E2019-2 looks ver-r-r-r-y interesting, Donald.  Have you decided
what your plans for it are?

#2 was the visitors favorite, though my personal favorite was #3.
The plans for these is to use them as parents if I can find those
that will set seeds.  #2 did set seeds using arilbred pollen.  I'm
waiting to see if there will be any germination.  Since these
seedlings are OGB- type arilbreds, that's not going to be easy.
Seeds tend to be few and germination even less in my limited
experience.  The whole thrust of my daubing efforts tend toward
obtaining that kind of cross, rather than the presumably easier
balanced amphidiploid cross.  Also, I'm wanting some OGB- types with
some TB parents that haven't been used much in producing arilbreds,
so I'm trying to get some via my own efforts.

Donald

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511