Re: Re: Favorite Schreiner Seedling

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Favorite Schreiner Seedling
  • From: "Cordesview" cordesview@m33access.com
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 14:33:51 -0500

Thanks, Neil.  Yes, I noticed the bud count!  But I never looked at clump effect that way before.  I guess branching could get in the way if one is seeking a clump effect.  Tell me, since I've never garden judged before -- but will in the spring, what percentage of scoring would a "candelabra" branched iris gain or loose?  The triple socketed buds are an absolute asset, but what of the candelabra branching.  Anyone, please expand on this. I'm eager to learn!

New Irisarians are encouraged to pick spent blooms, but I figured from the photo that the hybridizers at Schreiner's didn't want to risk loosing their crosses on that stalk!  (I also noticed the label on the stalk of #4.)  Mom saw the spent flowers right away and thought that they were a deformity.  :-)  I simply told her that the stalk was probably hybridized.

Adam Cordes~