RE:PHOTO] SCHREINER# LL 401-1 (gold,rose)

  • Subject: RE:PHOTO] [iris-photos] SCHREINER# LL 401-1 (gold,rose)
  • From: "Neil A Mogensen" neilm@charter.net
  • Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 14:48:31 -0500

Kathy, these are all wonderful photos.

I might comment on LENTEN PRAYER.  As it bloomed here these last two years it has a darker and bluer tone than the one shown in the photo.

I've noticed that digital cameras can take a violet-blue or blue-violet pigment and shift it quite a ways in hue.  I don't know what to do about this...but I have noticed that photos taken with fairly heavy overcast in mid-day, but not so heavy an overcast the automatic flash kicks in are the truest with warm purple to warm violet colors.  The illumination is coming from all parts of the sky, so contrasts are low and the flower detail, form and coloration is desplayed by far to its best advantage.

On LENTEN PRAYER, I was disappointed it had so few buds as it bloomed here, and I would like to see the hafts a bit wider, but all in all it was a very beautiful color.

Neil Mogensen  z 7 western NC mountains

Yahoo! Groups Links