RE HYB:Umbrata pattern

The interactions of the spot patterns in its many forms with Is and I is
To begin with the spot patterns in all forms as well as the Anthocyanin
Enhancement from aphylla and the all over pumilla spot from Cretica all seem
to be involved with the AVI factor ( anthocyanin vaculor inclusions). These
are cumulative of multiddosage factors in a lot of cases and seem to need
several dosages of I or Is to remove. The number of dosages of each is
difficult to sort out. When you have the Umbrata (variagata spot) on a
neglecta, one dosage of I will leave you with an amoena type like Wabash, or
actually one dosage of Umbrata. The recessive reduction of anthcyanin will
leave you with same phenotype. One more dosage of I is required to remove the
Umbrata spot.
The same thing with Romantic evening which is probably several dosages of AE
and the Umbratas spot as well as one dose of I. Personnaly I suspect that the
four dosage of AE as it seems in iris aphylla would require four doses of I
to get a white. Prossably the same with the black iris.
In any case we can have a dominant gene I, hidden by multiple doses of AE.
Something I was stronly suspecting and Neil's information on it being hidden
in Romantic Evening certainly confirms my suspicions. It seemed a bit too
radical to say anything without some concrete evidence.

Thanks Neil

Chuck Chapman

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.