Re: PHOTO] Repeat bloom in 'Clown Pants'

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: PHOTO] Repeat bloom in 'Clown Pants'
  • From: thomas silvers tesilvers@yahoo.com
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 10:50:29 -0800 (PST)

Neil,
I've got quite a few seedlings from it. I've used it
both ways and it seems to be very fertile. So far,
I've only seen one bloomstalk on a seedling from
pollen of 'Rosemarys Dream'. That seedling and its
dozens of siblings have been growing in extremely
crowded condition in two pots (3 gallon size I think)
for two seasons now. I've also got seedlings in the
ground (one year old) from various diploid species and
MTB's. Maybe a few will bloom this year.
Unfortunately, I've been even more neglectful than
usual lately, of all my plants. Hopefully, once our
new home is constructed, I'll be able spend a little
more time on plants, once again.
Two things you might also find interesting -- the
'Rosemarys Dream' seedling that did bloom, didn't have
any viable pollen that I could see.
And seedlings I have from Iris pallida 'Kupari' X
suaveolens var. rubromarginata have been very
productive of open-pollinated pods; although, I
haven't used the abundant pollen enough to say much
about its viability.
Take care, Tom

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail