AIS: GEEK Dinner

  • Subject: [iris-photos] AIS: GEEK Dinner
  • From: John I Jones jijones@usjoneses.com
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 08:26:20 -0800

GEEK DINNER ANNOUNCEMENT

(the following is on the AIS Website and soon - but not yet - on the
2005 Convention website)

http://www.irises.org/2005convention.htm

Don’t know where to eat at the AIS National Convention? Eat with us
Geeks. That’s right, time is running out! NOW is the time to make plans
for the 2005, 6th annual Geek Dinner being held in St. Louis,
Missouri. You don’t have to be a “computer Geek” to join a group of
wonderful people, Geek and non-Geek alike, who come together for this
event every year. Meet new friends and catch up with old ones for
dinner and conversation including door prizes and an auction.

Some say the Geek dinner and auction is the highlight of the convention
(aside from the gardens of course). Last year the auctioneer even had
John and Joanne bidding against each other for a few moments (until
they figured out his evil scheme).

Again this year we will have a petite point broach and earrings in an
iris motief donated by Jill Bonino for the auction. In previous years
this was the hit of the evening.

Last year’s door prizes and auction items included generous gift
certificates from hybridizers and iris items from friends. The proceeds
from the auction went directly into the American Iris Society
Electronics Services fund that sponsors such things as the digital
projector for slide shows and the online iris databases. Last year in
Fresno was our biggest turnout ever with 200 people and unfortunately
we had to turn those away who did not pre-register. PLEASE RSVP to
Joanne (see below) by Fri, May 6th.

COST:                  $29.00 (not included in convention registration)

DATE:                  Friday, May 13, 2005

TIME:                 5 – 7 pm

LOCATION:           Versailles Room, Sheraton Westport Hotel

MENU:                Salad

Grilled Chicken pasta primavera

                         Cheesecake

RSVP:                 Joanne Prass-Jones

                         Email:  Joanne@usjoneses.com

                         Phone: (510) 795-9723

Make check payable to:         Joanne Prass-Jones

Mailing address:                 35572 Linda Drive

                                Fremont, CA 94536

Also, if you have items to donate to the auction, please let John or
Joanne know at you earliest convenience.

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Director, American Iris Society

Subscribe to iris@hort.net by sending: