RE: MV seedlings

I did promise to get back to these. Sorry its taken so long. I was waiting
for some replys and got onto a few other things. The pictures were posten mid
January and someone posted them all on one site but I don't have that info in
front of me

I checked with Keith Keppel. He said the Flights of Fancy is tangerine as was
all of his luminatas of that vintage. Thus the cross would have been tttt
(FoF) X ttTT for parent seedling. Also FoF would be reduced carotene ,
instead having a flavanoid (light cream) ground rather then a pink ground.
This is easier to see as the carotene ground would have been lycopene in a
tttt plant. Thus neither parent had yellow yet we seem to have seedling that
are. Seedlings  1, 7, 10 and 13 would apear to be yellow.  It's hard to be
100% sur from the photos as a flavanoid with a light violet was may appear to
be a cartenoid .
The grandparent Pencil Sketch is a Umbrata spot plicata. The anthocyanin is
restricted to the center of the falls. There may be a bit of a tint of
anthocyanin but only a tint. The parent  seedling from Sapphire Hills X
Pencil Sketch would seem to be an Umbrata spot , but its hard to be sure as
it has a washed edge rather then a clean edge. Any thoughts on this?  Another
possibility, allthough perhaps a streatch, would be that the washed pattern
is a wanna be luminata.

There aare several seedlings with anthocyanin on the standards ( more then a
wash/tint or bleed through). These are 2, 5, and 7. In each of these cases
the falls are darker then the standards.

Several seedlings have very dark falls, what I would call Ae colouration
(anthocyanin enhancemet) These are 2,3,4,5,12,14 and 17. This is close to
half of the seedlings, FoF is a darker colour and probably Ae which would
make the Ae a dominat factor.

Enough for now.  More if people are still interested.

Chuck Chapman

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.