Re: Re: CULT: borers & winter foliage

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: CULT: borers & winter foliage
  • From: "James Ennenga" jrennenga@outdrs.net
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 08:56:29 -0500

The eggs are laid on green folliage which usually dies back during the winter. They may then be on the soil. That is why torching and scorching the surface of the ground is a good idea. I use both a propane weed torch and also cygon 2E liquid killer for borers . That procedure keeps my garden fairly clean. I try to hit it with cygon when the new leaves are about 6 inches high and again about 2 weeks later.

Jim Ennenga