Re: Re: CULT: borers and winter foliage

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: CULT: borers and winter foliage
  • From: "James Ennenga" jrennenga@outdrs.net
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 21:34:37 -0500

The roundup I use is a vegetative killer and will kill irises and it will distort the blooms if you get too close to the irises. Cygon 2E is the systemic insecticide I use at the rate of a tablespoon per gallon. Be careful with it because it is a nerve poison and if you get too much on you it's like a bad case of the flu. Atropine is the antidote, just like for nerve gases used in wartime.

Jim Ennenga