Re: RE: MTB Rim versus veins

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] RE: MTB Rim versus veins
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 15:28:25 EST

In a message dated 2/22/2005 1:06:08 PM Central Standard Time, neilm@charter.net writes:

Whatever it is that accounts for the recently surfaced "L&S" (line and speckle) pattern observed in PUCCINI, IMPULSIVE, QUANDARY and several others from Ghio and Keppel, it appears to interact with the Umbrata spot in a manner somewhat like what you have observed with the MTB example.

I have the following crosses with Quandary:

Cordoba x Quandary
Kind Hearted x Quandary
Chinese Treasure x Quandary
Syrian Princess x Quandary
Roberts 01-141a x Quandary (if memory serves, 01-141a is a Sun Ada Beach sib)
Gilded Cream x Quandary
Sun Dappled x Quandary
Quandary x Pumpkin Cheesecake

I will be happy to cross any back to your suggestions if it will help your genetic understanding or that of others. Mine is known to be beyond help.

My crosses were made expecting to let the resultant seedling blooms determine individually the direction the second generation crosses would be taken. If no clear direction is suggested by the seedling bloom, then back to the Quandary.

As a point in passin', I have not accepted Puccini, Quandary, or Expose as new patterns but have accepted them as attractive patterns with potential. I've not seen Impulsive in a clear photo showing bloom detail but would certainly like to. My perception as to "new" is based not on genetic analysis but on vaguely remembered photos or iris blooms whose names have become long since lost in cob webs. I remain willin' and would appreciate evidence either way.

Bill Burleson

Yahoo! Groups Links