Re: EDENITE re BLACK SWAN

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] EDENITE re BLACK SWAN
  • From: "Cordesview" cordesview@m33access.com
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 11:32:21 -0500

Donald, Neil, and others.

Thanks for the suggestions on identities for iris.  I am continuously trying
to perfect my garden to be free from unknowns!  Strangely, the more my
garden becomes free of unknowns (I currently only have 2 NOID's) my passion
spreads to other peoples' gardens!  (hehehe!!)

I think the iris photo I posted as Black Swan was indeed Edenite.  After
doing an entire internet search for both these iris (to see if anyone in the
world may have posted photos on their site), I found only one link to a
photo of Black Swan.  Neil, you were correct in referring the form of Black
Swan to the sillouhette logo on the AIS Checklist . . . I too think that
Logo could be Black Swan!  Edenite may be close in color, but definitely not
in form!

Thanks for posting your photo of Edenite, Donald.  The form of your Edenite
was perfect for matching the photo I took . . . if only I could see inside
the flower more to compare the yellow stylearms and beards.  Now I just hope
my friend Dolores is willing to change the ID of her clump!

So, does anyone have an idea of how to change the subject of my last e-mail
of "HIST: Black Swan" to "HIST: Edenite" so that no "unsuspecting searchers"
find discover my incorrect iris in the future?  :-)  *smile!*

Thanks ya'll!

Adam~

Adam Cordes
President -- Mio Iriarians