RE: EDENITE re BLACK SWAN

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] EDENITE re BLACK SWAN
  • From: "Char Holte" cholte@wi.rr.com
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 18:51:59 -0600

Hi,
This is a trick someone else shared with me and saved my Iris life.  Every
time I plant  an Iris I write the name on a plastic knife, both sides and
once each way. 'Black Swan    nawS kackB' and put it in the hole before I
put the iris in.  Then if there is ever a question I can if necessary rescue
myself.

Several years ago I had cut down all the Iris leaves around my house and
pushed the markers into the ground as far as possible.  My clean up was done
for the year.  Two days later my neighbor showed up at my back door with all
my markers in hand.  "You forgot these."  I could have cried.

Char, New Berlin, WI