Re: Early Spring?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Early Spring?
  • From: "Lottie Doyle" pdoyle@our-town.com
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 08:38:59 -0600

Those are both nice seedlings Jim. I'm your neighbor to the west at Palo Pinto, Texas. Betty, our spring seems to be starting early this year. My historics are all starting to bloom. I thought the yellow one that opened on the 15th of Febuary was a fluke, but now I have a white one almost open and buds on the purple ones. Since I've been keeping records, they have not opened before the middle of March. But I thought I remembered some of them opening in Febuary before. All of the spring bulbs are open. The old addage "If it thunders in Febuary, it will freeze in April" worries me to death because we have had two nights of thunderstorms.
Pearl in North Central Texas Zone 7b

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here
Web Bug from http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=groups/S=:HM/A=2593423/rand=559654825