Re: Thornbird Seedling

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Thornbird Seedling
  • From: "David Ferguson" manzano57@msn.com
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 10:04:29 -0700
  • Seal-send-time: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 10:04:29 -0700

Good morning,
I'm curious how a striped "umbrata" would related to a plicata.  The only thing I see that distinguishes this one from many of the plicatas which have stripes reaching across the central area is that the edges are slightly pale.  This seems common in this type of "plicata" (derived from I. variegata ancestry??), and often much better developed.  It seems to me that it might be a modification of the plicata pattern in which the edges are pale, rather than something totally different?

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here
Web Bug from http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=groups/S=:HM/A=2593423/rand=196192415

Yahoo! Groups Links