Re: TB: Pretty Woman

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] TB: Pretty Woman
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 21:13:04 EST

In a message dated 2/19/2006 11:58:57 A.M. Central Standard Time, sterling_o@yahoo.com writes:
<<You mention "both seasons". Does this mean it reblooms? >>
I'm sorry, I was referring to the two seasons I've been in my new location.  It's never rebloomed for me.  Both parents are listed in the 1998 rebloom checklist and I've had a tall rebloom seedling from Immortality x  Beau Zam.

I've seedlings from Pretty Woman that should bloom this spring.  It wasn't the cross I meant to make.  I think it's the only time I've ever made a mistake and put the pollen on the wrong iris!  Two seedlings that looked a lot alike and were growing close together.  As it turned out this pod parent was throwing blue beards in another cross.  Maybe all is not lost.

If you don't cross them, you can't  plant them!
Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6 ---
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
Reblooming Iris - Home Page
iris-photos archives