Re: Re: RE: AIS Membership

  • Subject: Re: Re: [iris-photos] RE: AIS Membership
  • From: "Linda Hunt" nakihee@gmail.com
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 09:05:15 -0600

We have lots of little ways of making money for the group.  The largest income that the group collects is the iris annual sale.  Every member in the group gives rhizomes from their garden.,.....labeled, cleaned and ready for sale.  We have a blowout sale once a year and usually make a good haul on it.  Many people who have never grown iris in their lives get started off of that sale, and that often times brings in new members.  I sell beaded amulet bags that have an iris on them to create sales for the group.  I offer one of those at the iris sale and it is a very nice piece of jewely that just about anyone would chance a dollar ticket on..to try and win.  The profits for the group are limited only to our ideas.  There are lots of local merchants who are willing to provide us the space to sell and have our meeting.  One of the advantages to country living. :)
Have a great day all
Linda