  • Subject: TB: OMINOUS STRANGER (Innerst 1993)
  • From: "Cordesview" <cordesview@m33access.com>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 12:15:23 -0500

Just a few notes about this one . . .
It's a really nice flower, but only has one bud per socket.  I checked all of about 4 stalks, and none of them carried more than one bud per socket.  Even the terminal only had one flower!
Nice branching & bloom sequence, though, so if I ever had one in perfect timing for a show, it would be a pretty nice specimen.  But so far I haven't had a chance to show it . . . not once in the 5 or 6 years that I've grown it!
Three iris have been introduced using 'Ominous Stranger' as a parent; two with 'O.M.' as pollen parent, and one as a pod parent.

(Photo taken June, 2006.)

    (Sterling Innerst, R. 1992), Sdlg. 3103-7. TB, 34" (86 cm), M
    "S. muted yellow, trimmed muted purple and dotted with tiny brown spots; F. muted yellow, trimmed muted purple, tiny brown dots all over; beards bronze, trimmed blue white; slight fragrance Point Made X sib Innerst 1993 HM 1995, AM 1997 "

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good