Re: Re: IB: HONEY GLAZED (Niswonger 1983)

  • Subject: Re: Re: IB: HONEY GLAZED (Niswonger 1983)
  • From: "Kent Appleberry" <appleb@cut.net>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 04:37:11 -0000

Thanks for the info, Mike. You've had quite a bit more broken color on this
one than I have. No weed killers here (except me and some other critters),
but the difference in sun probably makes the difference.

Kent

--------------------------------

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "Kent Appleberry" <appleb@...>
wrote:

> Two plants in different locations, the second in a more shady spot
showing
> more broken color.
>
> Kent
> Sanpete County, Utah
> zone 4/5, about 6,000 feet
>
> Note on color: The photo was processed on my Mac, which means that
while it
> looks right on my screen, it's likely to look a little darker, with
more
> saturated color, possibly shifted a bit more red, on the typical PC
monitor.
> This isn't a defect in either type of monitor, just a typical
difference.

Kent, I have grown Honey Glazed for 15 years and the color can be
lighter or darker depending on the soil type and location in your
garden. The two colors you are showing seem to be typical to my time
of growing this iris. I have also had it to bloom with broken
coloring on one half of the clump. The falls had about 1/3 streaks of
the stds color in them, kinda patterned like Batik. The next year
they bloomed in the normal color and pattern like it should. This
kind of blooming can be caused by weather and it can also be from
getting weed killers on the plant, at least that is what I have seen
in my gardens over the years. Mike

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group