Re: Iris Seed Germination

  • Subject: Re: Iris Seed Germination
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 16:41:32 -0500

Crocuses are blooming here  --  popped out day before yesterday as soon as the snow melted.  Nice fragrance in the air, too.  Freezing nights and near-balmy days are a prescription for heaving, but, thank heavens, I've seen none yet.  Planted late stuff deep and mulched heavily on the first-year seedlings.  So far, so good.  --  Griff