Re: Re: Hyb: Daylight Independent

  • Subject: Re: Re: Hyb: Daylight Independent
  • From: "loic tasquier" <tasquierloic@cs.com>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 07:53:52 +0100

Thanks Chuck for the feed back.

Here are some news from my favorites, the IBs, since not much data seems to be available, i thought it might interest you.

What do you think of Low Ho Silver =(Howdy Do X Baby Blessed)
 Have you ever tried to use it?
It's a very early  bloomer here, early rebloomer ( begining of July) and my best re-rebloomer too.

I was sterile for many years ( i tried hundreds of crosses on this one!)
 but last autumn it set pods!!!
Here is what i got:

pod pol froz seeds
low ho silver cameo blush
10
low ho silver cry baby
5
low ho silver dark crystal
10
low ho silver immortality
2
low ho silver juicy fruit
3
low ho silver just teasing
2
low ho silver speed limit
2
low ho silver TT05-09d= cerf-Volant X Liaison
3

The number of seeds is not much, and they might never germinate, no pod with Forever Blue's pollen neither, but who knows, i might get lucky with one of the crosses...

There is also Angel Heart =(Coral Charmer X Be Happy ), that reblooms regularly at the end of June,  then again later,and has set pods ,for the frst time in years also, last autumn:

pod pol froz seeds
angel heart banana cream
29
angel heart bounce back + 4
angel heart cameo blush
25
angel heart conjuration + 14
angel heart cry baby
3
angel heart eternal bliss
23
angel heart gypsy boy
20
angel heart i'm back
12
angel heart popstar
9

And my third big hope comes from I'll Be Back =(Joe Cool X Eternal Bliss) that starts to reblooom early August and has been a fabulous mother:

pod pol froz seeds
i'll be back again and again
20
i'll be back detroit city + 17
i'll be back duke of earl
8
i'll be back eternal bliss
12
i'll be back honey scoop
12
i'll be back i'm back
5
i'll be back mukadam + 4
i'll be back TT05-09d = cerf-Volant X Liaison + 10
i'll be back what again
25

Many more crosses with the medians, but these 3 seem to be very promissing since they are reliable early and multiple rebloomers here in Holland!

Loic
Loïc TASQUIER
who, like Betty, could die (or kill...)  for a repeat, cycle & everblooming / continuous / non-daylight dependant  rebloomer!
     zone 7 - Nederland
 Email :
tasquierloic@cs.com